Welcome to 2020 National Flash Fiction Day!
celebrating June 22 – the shortest day of the year
NFFD 2020 ONLINE – all programme events are free – all welcome!
Kia ora! Please click on the NFFD logo to go to the YouTube channel, where we will be sharing the June 22 programme. The event begins at 6pm and includes guest readers, music, micros, a book draw and more — and the livestreamed video with our 2020 judges, winning stories and prize-giving!
Please also enjoy these readings and discussions
from Best Microfiction
from Best Small Fictions 2020
Micah Dean Hicks
Angie Sijun Lou
- Penelope Duran
- Freddie Gormack-Smith
- Samantha Jory-Smart
- Lucy Kennedy
- Denika Mead
- Christopher Allen, SmokeLong Quarterly (Germany)
- Nuala O’Connor, Splonk (Ireland)
- Grant Faulkner, 100 Word Story (US)
- Ingrid Jendrzejewski, FlashBack Fiction (UK)
- Rupert Dastur, The Short Story (UK)
- Vaughan Rapatahana, Flash Frontier (Aotearoa New Zealand)
- Moderator: Jordan Hamel, Stasis Journal (Aotearoa New Zealand)
· Nod Ghosh, author of Filthy Sucre (Truth Serum Press 2020)
· Diane Brown, author of Every now and then I have another child (OUP 2020)
· Helen Rickerby, author of How to live (AUP 2019)
· Anne Kennedy, author of Moth Hour (AUP 2019)
· Gail Ingram, author of Contents Under Pressure (Pukeko Publishing 2019)
YouTube reading series – an online reading series at the Flash Frontier YouTube channel, featuring new books, journal editors, youth readers, NFFD judges past and present, Bath novella-in-flash readings, Best Small Fictions, City Chairs and more. Please sign up to the YouTube channel and see what’s coming next!
Micro Madness – June 1-22 micro readings from our annual international micro competition, with lockdown micros and no-theme micros – two per day!
New Books – celebrating books published in 2020 from around the world!